Woman ‘disgusted’ after her mum has to spit out KFC chip that ‘smelled of poo’

A mum and her daughter did not get the finger-licking good KFC experience they wanted, after they discovered a chip that 'smelled of poo' amongst their order.

Unfortunately for Katie McAllister's mother, Carol, the moment of discovery occurred upon popping the stinking chip in her mouth.

Katie and Carol, along with Katie's 19-month-old daughter, were tucking into a lunchtime box of popcorn chicken at the Torquay KFC branch – which has as five star hygiene rating – when Katie saw her mother spit a particularly crispy chip into her coffee cup lid, reports Metro.

READ MORE: Exhaust stolen from 27-foot 'Wienermobile' as 'nationwide' car theft woes continue

Katie said: "My mum picked up what looked like a chip. She thought it looked a bit too crispy for my daughter so my mum ate it.

"When she put it in her mouth, she said she just knew that it was not right and it was absolutely vile so she spat it out and put it on the coffee lid of the plastic cup and asked me to smell it.

"When I smelled it, I nearly actually threw up, it was absolutely disgusting.

Katie goes on to say that her mother felt really sick for the rest of the day, adding: "she wasn’t actually sick but she could have vomited up until she went to bed, just from the thought of it.

"I’ve never smelled anything like it."

Katie returned the chip to the staff and upon smelling it, the branch assistant manager said, "oh god, that is horrendous".

The mum then insisted the offending morsel be sent off for testing, which Metro reports, the assistant manager allegedly agreed to. The stinky chip was then placed in a freezer, where it remains, untested, much to Katie's anger and frustration.

  • Woman 'thought she was dead' when plane hit her house and killed her sleeping husband

Katie claims she has returned twice to the branch, and was told both times that the revolting thing was still in the freezer and still untested.

She is now trying to take back her fecal-smelling "chip", so she can test it independently.

A KFC spokesperson said: ‘We’re sorry to hear this guest was put off their meal, that’s not what we want.

‘Our Torquay restaurant recently achieved a 5* food hygiene rating, so we were surprised to see this and offered a full refund.

‘We have not had any similar complaints but we always encourage our fans to get in touch when things don’t go to plan.’

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.


  • American asks what purpose of HP Sauce is after finding it on US shop shelves
  • You've been eating Ferrero Rochers wrong – foodie divides fans with 'right way'
  • Woman, 21, with extreme dairy allergy dies after two bites of 'vegan' tiramisu

Source: Read Full Article