In addition to the photos, Loughlin and Giannulli allegedly paid $500,000. The release of the photos is in response to Loughlin’s attorneys filing a motion…
A woman claims she was bitten 400 times in a bug-infested bed as her dream trip turned into a holiday from hell.
Tracy Leach, 54, says she was bitten all over her body after finding her hotel mattress infested with insects four days into her sunshine break in Lanzarote with husband Chris.
The couple, from Stoke-on-Trent, said their "whole holiday was a nightmare" after making the horrifying discovery, reports StokeonTrent Live.
Tracy said: "This was the last thing you expect. You might have to deal with an upset tummy or some mosquito bites, but you’d never think about bed bugs.
"We turned over the mattress in the room and it was infested. I was disgusted – these things had been feeding on me in my sleep. I broke down crying. It was vile.
"We stayed at the same hotel last year so we knew what the standard was like. We’d had no problems with them before.
"The whole holiday was a nightmare. We never turned the lights off afterwards. I couldn’t get them out of my head.
"We may have got our money back, but we wanted a holiday. We didn’t have a holiday, just a nightmare. It has put us off going to Lanzarote in future."
At first Tracy thought she’d been bitten by mosquitoes, but after the bites began to blister she went to see a doctor who told her she had chicken pox.
Doubtful of the diagnosis, the couple returned to their room and decided to flip their mattresses – revealing large patches of black bed bugs on Tracy’s and smaller ones on Chris’.
Alerting the hotel and the TUI rep, Tracy and Chris were moved to a different room, with brand new mattresses, and their old room was fumigated along with most of their luggage.
Tracy added: "I thought I’d been bitten by mosquitoes at first across the top of my back and the bottom of my legs because they were itching.
"But a couple of days later, more bites came out all over my arms, my fingers, my neck, my face and my back.
"There were more than 400 bites. We had to dab on this cream from the doctor and each one had to be done individually.
"We spoke to the TUI rep and the manager and we were moved to another room, which had been recently decorated, and they opened two brand new mattresses in front of us.
"We were only allowed to take one set of clothes, a swimming costume and one pair of shoes with us. Everything else had to be laundered."
Tracy returned to the doctor and was eventually given steroid and antihistamine injections and prescribed steroid and antibiotic cream to treat her bites.
Chris, aged 52, added: "I feel really sorry for Tracy having to experience it all. No-one should have to go through that.
"When we turned the mattress over I was shocked. I never expected to see anything like that in a million years.
"The hotel did everything they could, but I feel it could have been avoided in the first place if they checked their mattresses on a regular basis. Bugs are not uncommon in hotels as lots of people stay there.
"But you could tell these things had been there for months. They were adults. This has made us really wary about staying over somewhere.
"People should be aware, regardless of the standard or cleanliness of the hotel, there is the potential for bed bugs to be there.
"You book a holiday to enjoy the sun, sit out on a sun lounger but we couldn’t do it. I felt really sorry for Tracy with everyone looking at her. You can’t cover up the bites because it’s too hot and it starts to itch.
"Yes we’ve got the refund, but I’d have preferred a holiday. What we had wasn’t a holiday."
A TUI spokesman said: "We’re really sorry to hear about Mrs Leach’s experience. We’ve since been in direct contact to apologise and offer a full refund which the customer has accepted.
"We’d like to reassure customers that we regularly audit all of the hotels we feature in respect of health and safety, including hygiene."
Top news stories from Mirror Online
Source: Read Full Article