Woman, 28, mauled to death while walking a pack of dogs was ‘killed by her own American Bully XL’ | The Sun

A WOMAN mauled to death while walking a pack of dogs is believed to have been killed by her own pet – an American Bully XL.

Witnesses claimed the canines which Natasha Johnston, 28, was paid to walk turned “like wolves”.

Her jugular vein perforated as she suffered “multiple penetrating bites to the neck”, an inquest heard.

Eight dogs were seized from the beauty spot in Caterham, Surrey on January 12.

The Sun can now reveal Natasha’s own pet – which police believe to be the controversial American Bully XL breed – is the only hound to have been destroyed.

Officers continue to hold five other dogs following a vet's forensic report, but two seized dachshunds were returned to their owner last month.

Read More on American Bullies

Woman mauled by American bull dog outside Tesco as man arrested

Gran, 65, ‘savaged to death by American bulldog as she broke up a fight’

A Surrey Police spokesman said: "We have now received a forensic veterinary report and this has been shared with the Surrey Coroner.

"As a result of this, two dogs – both Dachshunds – were returned to their owner at the end of April and one dog, which belonged to the deceased, has been put to sleep.

"The five other dogs remain in private kennels and we are speaking with their owners regarding recommendations from the report."

Six of the ten dog-related deaths in the UK last year were caused by bully or bully crosses – causing campaigners to call for the breed to be banned.

Most read in The Sun


Holly LEAVES This Morning early & tells Phil 'don't be naughty' after awkward kiss


This Morning bloodbath as ITV bosses plot clear out in feud fallout


Former soap actress joins Coronation Street for steamy new affair storyline


Urgent warning to dog owners over pet food which could be DEADLY

Natasha, from Croydon, south London, died at the scene around 3pm – while another bitten woman was taken to hospital.

No criminal charges were brought ahead of a full inquest set to be heard next month at Woking Coroner’s Court.

Source: Read Full Article