Trevor Bauer slams sex assault claims as 'false and misleading' & MLB star insists judge's 'decision speaks for itself'

TREVOR Bauer has slammed allegations of sexual assault against him as "false and misleading" and insisted a recent ruling not to enforce a restraining order against him "speaks for itself."

The baseball star shared his thoughts in a YouTube video posted to the site on Tuesday and said he "looks forward to speaking about the false and materially misleading allegations in the future."


Bauer's accuser, named as Ms Hill,  claimed in court docs that he choked her into unconsciousness, and punched her repeatedly during two sexual encounters earlier this year.

She also alleged he had anal sex with her without her consent, according to court docs.

Bauer, who was put on leave by the MLB following the allegations, has denied all the claims against him and said that everything that happened between the two was “wholly consensual."

He told viewers on Tuesday: "Hey guys, I know you haven't heard from me in a while.

"I look forward to speaking about the false and materially misleading allegations in the future.

"But for now, this is what I am able to share with you."

Bauer added: "One legal matter has been resolved. The judge's detailed decision is available and it speaks for itself."

That came after Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman of Los Angeles Superior Court denied the 27-year-old San Diego woman’s request for a restraining order.

Gould-Saltman said that according to the woman’s testimony, Bauer honored her boundaries when she set them. The judge said Bauer couldn’t know the boundaries the woman didn’t express to him.

The judge noted that in the woman’s communications with Bauer, the woman “was not ambiguous about wanting rough sex in the parties’ first encounter, and wanting rougher sex in the second encounter.”

The Pasadena Police Department had in August handed over its investigation into the woman’s allegations to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

That case is under review.

Appearing to discuss that case, Bauer added: "There is a pending matter which I am not able to speak about at this time.

"So with that being said I am going to be rolling out some baseball content here throughout the post season.

"This is a channel that aims to celebrate baseball culture and entertain and I love bringing you guys along for that ride with me.

"So I'll see ya'll in a video here soon."

Bauer's accuser said she sought the order when she learned that the criminal investigation against Bauer was likely to take a long time.

She had spoken to police in San Diego when she was in the hospital after her second encounter with Bauer, in mid-May, and gave her account to detectives from Pasadena, where Bauer lives, soon after.

The woman gave three days of emotional testimony at the restraining order hearing.

She told the court Bauer went well beyond what she consented to, including punching her in the face and vagina and leaving serious bruising that was captured in photographs.

She said Bauer also did things that she couldn’t consent to because she had been choked unconscious, including having anal sex with her while she was out.

“I felt like my soul left my body, and I was terrified,” she said. “I couldn’t fight back,” the woman said from the stand.

In August Bauer's team accused Ms Hill of editing her injury pictures. 

Court documents claimed she had  "given a misleading impression of her injuries."

Her attorney, Bryan Freedman, had asked outlets to ublish the photograph which appears to show the woman with two black eyes and her face and lips swollen.

Freedman said such injuries could not be caused by a consensual sexual encounter and that the alleged victim and her family had requested the photo be released.

He said: “Look at this picture. No one – absolutely no one – can consent to this, logically or legally. Trevor Bauer’s team continues to try to abuse an assault victim. They need to stop. Now.”

Bauer has said through representatives that everything that happened between the two was “wholly consensual” in the nights they spent together in April and May at his Pasadena home.

The Sun has contacted representatives for Bauer and Ms Hill for comment.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article