Search warrant issued for Alec Baldwin's phone after Rust shooting

BREAKING: Search warrant is issued for Alec Baldwin’s phone weeks after fatal shooting of cinematographer on Rust set

  • Baldwin shot and killed Halyna Hutchins, a 42-year-old cinematographer, on the set of Rust on October 21 
  • Baldwin, 63, was holding a gun that he says went off without him pulling the trigger and wounded her 
  • He told ABC on December 2 that he doesn’t feel responsible, and that someone else is to blame but he wouldn’t say who 
  • Baldwin also said he’d have killed himself if he did feel guilty and that he doesn’t think he’ll face criminal charges 
  • Baldwin said that he didn’t even realize he had shot Hutchins until an hour after the incident 
  • He said he didn’t know she’d died until sheriffs told him at the end of his interview in Sante Fe 
  • Baldwin insists he thought the gun was empty, as did others on the set, when it was handed to him 

Police in New Mexico have issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s phone, after the fatal October 21 shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his film, Rust. 

Baldwin, 63, had been handed an antique pistol for the scene, and was told that it was ‘cold’ – not loaded.

He was rehearsing a scene in which he pulls out his gun and, in an interview with ABC on December 2, said that he never pulled the trigger, but the gun went off anyway. 

Hutchins, a 42-year-old cinematographer, was shot and killed. The director of the film, Joel Souza, was shot in the shoulder and survived.

It is unclear why New Mexico police want to seize Baldwin’s phone now. The actor has insisted that he has fully cooperated with the investigation. 

The live round that Alec Baldwin fired and accidentally killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust may have been a homemade bullet, according to court documents

Source: Read Full Article