Rapper has half his skull removed after drugs lab explosion left him in coma

A rapper had to have a huge portion of his skull removed after an explosion at a drugs lab he was allegedly working at.

Dr Knarf, a German hip hop star, was thrown from his recording studio after a combination of highly concentrated cannabis extract mixed with butane detonated.

The 35-year-old, also known as Niko B, was rushed to hospital with 40% skin burns and put in an emergency coma.

He had to have a huge portion of his skull removed after his brain swelled following the blast.

Doctors gave him a slim chance of survival as a result of the accident at a building in Cologne, Germany.

Now, more than two years after the explosion on February 6, 2017, Niko has spoken out for the first time.

He said the skin burns were "nothing compared with what came after".

Niko explained: "I lay for three months in a coma during which I suffered four strokes.

"My brain has grown so much that some of the bone had to be removed."

  • Mum accused of running cannabis farm with kids claims crop mysteriously appeared

  • Cannabis will be legalised and sold in shops for over-18s under Lib Dems

Speaking about his life before the explosion, the rapper admitted he had made mistakes.

He added that due to ongoing criminal procedures, he wouldn't comment further about the drug lab.

Niko said his recovery has been long and painful and is still learning to walk again.

In a video posted to his Facebook page, the rapper was seen for the first time since the accident.

Addressing his fans, he said: "I fight back to life".

He said he wanted to "clean up with a few things," including the rumour that he had lost both his hands in the explosion.

Holding them up, he said: "My hands are still there, burned."

But he said he had been left paralysed on one side and needing to use a wheelchair."

His new album, Prometheus, will be released next year.

  • Drugs
  • Cannabis

Source: Read Full Article