Prostitute jailed over fire which led to death of hotel janitor

Furious prostitute, 19, who set hotel bed ablaze after being paid only half her £300 fee killed janitor who died trying to put it out – just one day from his retirement

  • Nora Boughima was angry after a client only paid her £150 for a night together
  • She set fire a bed at the hotel where they stay, which staff battled to put out
  • Maintenance worker Richard Staley collapsed and died from a heart attack
  • Boughima admits manslaughter and is jailed for six years for manslaughter

Sex worker Nora Es-Sadki Boughima has been jailed for starting a fire which led to the death of a hotel janitor

A prostitute who was furious at only being paid half of her £300 fee has been jailed for manslaughter after setting fire to hotel bed, sparking a blaze which killed a janitor.

Nora Es-Sadki Boughima, 19, was angry after a man who had agreed to pay her £300 only left £150 before he slipped out of London’s Paddington Park Grand Court Hotel following a night together in January.

The 19-year-old set fire to a bed in the room, sparking a blaze which hotel janitor Richard Staley and a colleague desperately tried to put out, the Old Bailey heard.

Mr Staley, who was just one day from retirement, collapsed and died from a heart attack while battling the flame and Boughima was charged with manslaughter.

The arsonist, who was living in a flat near Edgware Road, central London at the time, today admitted the charge and was jailed for six years.

Detectives found Boughima had asked a receptionist for a lighter just 20 minutes before the fire started.

Nora Es-Sadki Boughima set fire to a bed after being paid only half her £300-a-night fee

Analysis of CCTV revealed that Es-Sadki Boughima, a sex worker, had spent the night of 29 January with a man in a room at the hotel.

Her client said he had met her in a nightclub the previous evening and agreed to pay her £300.

But he only paid her £150 before leaving the room at about 8.30am, while she was sleeping. 

Richard Staley was only one day from retirement when he collapsed from a heart attack and died after tackling the blaze

CCTV from the hotel showed that Es-Sadki Boughima left the room minutes before the fire alarm went off at about 14.50hrs.

Following her jailing today, Detective Constable Mike Reilly, of Westminster borough, said: ‘As a result of her anger at not being paid, Es-Sadki Boughima sought her revenge by deliberately setting fire to the bed in the hotel room. This was a reckless act that endangered the lives of people in the hotel and neighbouring properties.

‘Mr Staley, who tragically was just one day away from his retirement, bravely tackled the blaze with a fire extinguisher. Shortly afterwards, he collapsed and later died in hospital. The fire was established as a direct cause of his death.

‘Mr Staley had worked at the hotel for 18 years and was a very popular member of staff. His colleagues have been left deeply upset at his death.

‘I am glad that Es-Sadki has now shown some remorse by pleading guilty to manslaughter. The sentence reflects the serious consequences of her actions.’

The fire took hold in the Paddington Park Grand Court Hotel in Devonshire Terrace in January

  • Special constable, 34, and his Hungarian wife, 32, ‘flew in…

    ‘Ten floors of whores’: More than 100 prostitutes live in…

Share this article


Source: Read Full Article