Batwoman: The CW release season two trailer The CW will be airing the first episode from Batwoman season two this evening on America. The new…
A pregnant mum who's house went up in flames on Christmas Day has thanked the popular soap Emmerdale for saving her life.
Carla Conduct's house was set alight after an explosion in an upstairs bedroom.
The fire began in the children's bedroom by a suspected gas leak.
However, Cara says if it wasn't for Emmerdale she would not be alive – she owes her life to the ITV soap.
She said if she hadn't been downstairs watching it she "wouldn't be here".
Ms Conduct said: "'I was in the front room watching Emmerdale when it happened. Luckily I wasn't upstairs otherwise I wouldn't be here.
"I've never been so glad I watch Emmerdale."
Ms Conduct was at home in Titchfield, near Fareham, Hants, with her children – Bethany, 16, Sophie, 14, and Livvey, 12 – when she heard a loud bang and screaming coming from a bedroom around 11am.
Ms Conduct, who is four months pregnant, said: "I saw the bathroom window was blown out and the door to my bedroom was blown out. A wall had collapsed and fallen on Sophie's leg.
"I just got the kids out of the house as quickly as possible.
Sussex fire: Two dead after blaze rips through house on Christmas Day
"The fire didn't start very big, but within five minutes the whole house went up. It was a nightmare – was awful. "
Photographs show the destruction caused by the blaze which Ms Conduct said has caused huge damage, reports The Mirror.
She said: "We've lost everything. I haven't slept since and spent all of yesterday crying."
Fire crews spent three hours battling the blaze and Ms Conduct said all Christmas presents were destroyed as well as a fridge-freezer full of food.
Nobody suffered any injuries and now a fundraiser has been set up for the family, with more than £2,500 raised so far.
Ms Conduct added: "For the people who have helped, I want them to know it makes a massive difference.
"The support has been overwhelming. There's been money raised from people I don't even know, people have dropped off toothbrushes, clothes, all sorts – it's amazing."
Source: Read Full Article