Victoria Beckham is celebrating her 47th birthday in the Sunshine State. The fashion designer had a low-key bonfire-lit celebration in Miami on Friday night (ahead…
That curry was a knockout! Panic in Indian restaurant when ceiling collapses on table of diners knocking two unconscious and sending five to hospital
- The roof of Sizzling Palate in Bradshawgate fell down on diners injuring five
- Fire crews rushed to the restaurant in Bolton, Greater Manchester last night
- Three men and two women were taken to hospital and have since been discharged
Diners fled screaming and five were taken to hospital after a ceiling collapsed at an Indian restaurant last night.
Families ran for cover after the ceiling panel of the Sizzling Palate restaurant in Bolton, Greater Manchester, crashed down on customers.
One eyewitness said it fell on about a dozen friends who were enjoying a meal at the restaurant, which professes online to offer an ‘array of Asian influence to satisfy any appetite’.
Diners stand around stunned after the ceiling of the Sizzling Palate Indian restaurant collapsed late Saturday night as they sat and ate
Three men and two women were take to hospital after the wooded ceiling apparently bolted to the roof gave way
He said: ‘Within about 15 minutes of us going in it fell straight on our heads.
‘We had just finished our starters and they had started bringing some of the mains out. It took about 25 of us to lift it off us.’
Fire crews rushed to Sizzling Palate in Bradshawgate after it collapsed at about 10.30pm on Saturday, narrowly missing the mocktail and lassi bar.
Sizzling Palate in Bradshawgate in Bolton, Greater Manchester, says on its Facebook it combines Asian fusion food with the feel of a steakhouse
As many as 25 diners and staff were needed to lift up the ceiling so that those trapped under could escape to safety
The restaurant management have declined to comment on the incident, which sent five to hospital injured
Another diner sitting at the table said: ‘I’m traumatised and shocked. I could see it happening so I reacted quickly and was able to get out of the way.
‘Two people were knocked unconscious,’ they added.
Others suffered concussion, cuts and bruises and other minor injuries.
Three men and two women were taken to hospital and have since been discharged. Others were assessed at the scene by paramedics.
Restaurant manager Amir told the Express: ‘A small fraction of the suspended ceiling collapsed but everything is OK.
‘It’s not a major disaster, a few people got minor injuries and minor concussion. Police have given us the OK. Business is usual’
Eyewitnesses described panicked screaming ring out in the Indian restaurant as the heavy panel crashed down on diners
Source: Read Full Article