Mums’ bloody photos after glassing each other in pub brawl over bar stool

Two mums glassed each other in a vicious pub brawl which left both women scarred for life.

Claire Byrne, 35, launched an unprovoked attack on Paula Breen, 40, during an altercation over a bar stool.

Shocking CCTV footage captured Byrne battering Breen with a wine bottle, before Breen 'retaliated' by hurling a glass at her head.

Byrne followed Breen outside the The Clock pub in Kirkdale, where she glassed her in the face, then back inside, hit her with a bottle after she fell to the floor, writes the Liverpool Echo.

Lawyers representing the two single mums urged a judge to spare them jail.

Breen was sitting at a table with friends in the pub at 10.30pm on January 10, 2020, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

Prosecuting, Christopher Hopkins, said Byrne took a stool from that table and sat down at another with a different group.

Breen "clearly noticed" and walked over to speak to Byrne, who picked up a wine bottle and used it to strike her three to four times in the head, he told the court.

  • Brit businessman worth £700million charged with rape and sexual assault

Other people attempted to intervene and restrained mum-of-three Byrne, as Breen fell to the floor.

The mum-of-one got back to her feet and picked up a glass, which she then threw into a crowd of people, including Byrne.

It hit Byne in the forehead and smashed, leaving a "two to three inch long laceration".

Breen was left with a would to the side of her chin and cuts to her arms, and told police she "retaliated" when arrested.

  • Killer granny who 'made snacks out of the flesh of her victims' dies of Covid-19

Mr Hopkins said both women made admissions in police interviews and pleaded guilty to affray.

Peter White, defending Byrne, St Alexander Close, Kirkdale, said "The CCTV does her no favours," and accepted it was an "exceptionally serious offence."

He said Byrne claimed she hadn't been drunk but was on medication for mental health issues and knew she shouldn't have been drinking.

Rebecca smith, defending Breen, of Craine Close, Anfield, said it was an "unprovoked attack" to start with.

Judge Woodhall said Byrne "initiated the violence" in a "sustained and unprovoked assault" and her violence was greater than Breen's.

But he added Breen hurling the glass into a crowd was the most serious violence.

Judge Woodhall jailed Breen for 10 months, who burst into tears, and Byrne for 12 months, who showed no emotion.

Byrne then took the arm of Breen and consoled her, saying "you alright girl?".

Police said they did not take a mugshot of Byrne.

Source: Read Full Article