Evil killer denied parole after suffocating boy with rag before body was abused

One of the evil killers who abducted and murdered a 10-year-old boy in one of the most brutal ways imaginable was denied parole last month.

Jeffrey Curley agreed to get into a car with Charles Jaynes and Salvatore Sicari after they promised him a new bicycle.

However, he was abducted for sexual purposes and spent up to 20 petrifying minutes fighting off the men who used a rag soaked with gasoline to kill him.

They reportedly took his remains to an apartment to have sex with – before dumping Jeffrey in a tub before driving off and throwing it in a river.

The appalling crime happened on October 1, 1997, and last month Jaynes was denied parole.

Here, we take a look back on one of the most chilling murders that broke the hearts of Jeffrey’s family.

Little Jeffrey grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and he adored his two older brothers, Bob and Shaun.

His parents were Barbara and Robert who say Jeffrey loved joking around and trusted everybody in the neighbourhood.

The boy’s favourite pastime was ice skating and he also enjoyed playing baseball.

One of the residents in the neighbourhood was Salvatore who had a reputation for being a troublemaker.

And at the end of November 1997, when Jeffrey went missing, shameless Sicari approached the panicked boy’s father and said he wanted to help with the search.

But soon after Sicari and his friend Jaynes were arrested after being suspected of kidnapping and murdering the boy.

Jeffrey’s body was found at the bottom of a river in a storage container.

He had been walking home from his grandmother’s house before he was lured into a car by the evil duo who promised to replace his stolen bike.

Jeffrey was so excited he reportedly called the pair his best friends – but they attacked him as soon as they parked up at the back of a supermarket.

Jaynes was the one who suffocated Jeffrey with the gasoline-soaked rag.

His body was put in the boot before they drove to Jayne’s flat where Sicari abused the corpse.

Later they dumped the container with Jeffrey’s body in a river.

Jaynes, who was 22 during the trial, was given a life sentence and 10 years for second-degree murder.

Sicari, then 21, was handed a life sentence without the possibility of parole after being convicted of first-degree murder.

Jaynes then took 23 years to finally admit to murdering Jeffrey.

He said: “I am guilty of that murder. I murdered Jeffrey Curley.”

And he also claimed he had murdered him to try and "impress" Sicari, who allegedly wanted the boy dead.

Despite finally admitting his part in the heinous crime, he was denied parole as expected last month.

After the hearing, Robert Curley, told Crime Scene magazine: “Even though it’s been over two decades since his death, it never gets any easier.

“To know what Jeffrey went through in his last moments will haunt me forever.

“But Barbara, Bob, Shaun and I often talk about Jeffrey and remember the funny, cheeky, little boy that he was.”

Both of Jeffrey’s killers remain behind bars.

Source: Read Full Article