Ex Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith calls for benefits to be increased in line with inflation to provide ‘shield’ against cost-of-living crisis Mr Duncan-Smith made…
A 30-year-old man believed to be a food delivery driver has been shot in south east London.
It’s thought to the fifth gun attack in the capital over the bank holiday as the city’s spate of violence continues.
The victim was found in a street in New Cross Gate, Lewisham, just before 5pm today following reports of a shooting.
It’s believed the man’s injuries are not life-threatening.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called at 4.50pm on Monday, 7 May, to a shooting in John Williams Close, SE14.
"Officers and LAS attended the scene. The victim – a 30-year-old man – was treated at the scene before being conveyed to a south London hospital.
"At this early stage, his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
"While the investigation is in its very early stages, at this time it is believed that the victim may have been working as a food delivery driver."
No arrests have been made.
The latest shooting marks a horrifying series of gun attacks in the capital over the bank holiday.
On Saturday, a 17-year-old boy became the 15th teenager to be killed in London since Christmas when he was blasted in an alleged drive-by shooting in south London.
The teen, named by his mother as Rhyhiem Ainsworth Barton, was found with critical injuries shortly after 6pm on Warham Street in Kennington, Southwark.
He was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
His mother, Pretana Morgan, today said: "I couldn’t have asked for a better son.
"My son was a very handsome boy. He’s got so much potential."
Rhyhiem’s godmother, Lacey Main, said she believed he had been shot at by someone in a car, adding that he was a rapper and became a target because he was young.
Police have yet to formally identify the victim and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
No arrests have been made.
On Sunday, two teenagers, aged 13 and 15, suffered shotgun pellet injuries following a shooting in Harrow, north west London.
Police were called to Wealdstone High Street at 1.15pm where both teens were found with head injuries.
The 13-year-old victim, who is being treated as an "innocent bystander" amid suspicions he was struck by a stray pellet, has since left hospital.
But the older boy remains in hospital, police said today.
Hours later, a 22-year-old man was rushed to hospital with gunshot wounds after police were flagged down by a bystander in New Cross Road, Lewisham, just before 6.30pm.
His injuries are not life-threatening.
Source: Read Full Article