Brave woman stands up to vile 'West Ham fan who shouted sick anti-Semitic chant at her'

THIS is the moment a brave woman stood up to a West Ham fan she claims hurled anti-Semitic abuse at her.

Shocking video shows the man making obscene gestures to the train passenger as they travelled to the Hammers' clash against Tottenham last night.

She had accused the supporter of shouting anti-Semitic abuse at her, which was not caught on camera.

The smirking man then swears at the woman as she yells: "Say it to my face".

He then flips around on a train bar while other fans sing a chant about player Arthur Masuaku.

The woman posted the clip on Twitter where it has gone viral.

She said: "Hi @metpoliceuk would like to report an incident on the 18:45 train from liverpool street to white hart lane.

"This man continuously shouting anti Semitic comments and behaviour and clearly not sorry when called up on…"

Most read in The Sun


Verstappen will quit F1 if he loses engineer who helped him beat Hamilton


Woman jailed for having cocaine-fuelled sex with an Alsatian


Euro 96 star looks unrecognisable 25 years on from playing days – who is it?


Deputy head who GIGGLED as she & partner raped girl under 13 jailed

She has been praised by social media users – including West Ham fans – for standing up to the yob.

One said: "The bloke will be embarrassed after seeing that. Hope your ok Abbi & well done for sticking up for yourself".

Another wrote: "I'm sorry you had to put up with this, Abbi. Thanks for standing up to it."

While one said: "Absolutely disgusting."

British Transport Police confirmed they are aware of the video and are "actively investigating".

A spokesperson said: "British Transport Police received a report of anti-Semitic behaviour on-board a London Overground train travelling from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane yesterday evening (22 December).

"Witnesses or anyone with information can contact us by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 433 of 22/12/21."


It comes as ugly clashes between Spurs and West Ham fans marred the quarter final of the Carabao Cup last night.

Violence erupted outside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as they beat the Hammers 2-1 to progress through to the semi-final.

Baton-wielding cops fought to keep the fans apart during the bloodshed as bottles were hurled.

The Met Police confirmed five men aged between 22 and 41 were arrested during the brutal scenes.

A 22-year-old man was held on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker, while a second man, 30, was arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.

Two 31-year-old men arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and ABH remain in custody.

A 41-year-old was also held on suspicion of invading the pitch.

    Source: Read Full Article