A CITY is hooked on the deadly Black Mamba drug made notorious by a BBC documentary – and ‘zombies’ are taking over. Banned substances are…
Boy, 6, suffers 70% burns to body after catching fire during horror explosion
A six-year-old boy suffered second and third-degree burns on 70% of his body after getting caught up in an accidental explosion.
His mum Chelsea Colvin says her son Carson caught on fire during a bonfire at a friend's house in Prescott, in the US state of Arizona.
An adult reportedly tried to pour gasoline on the fire to make it bigger and set the gas canister down, causing her son to catch fire.
READ MORE: Twins get cancer symptoms at same time – but only one has killer disease
"I guess she went to go pour gasoline into the fire, and it went back into the gas tank and blew up. It ended up blowing up all over him because he was close by," Ms Colvin said.
Carson was rushed to a nearby hospital before being flown to Valleywise Hospital in Phoenix, where he received specialist treatment in their burn unit.
"I got to the hospital, and Carson was in there. I fell to my knees because he was burnt everywhere. He looked up at me and said, 'Mommy, I’m OK. I’m OK,'" Ms Colvin recalled.
Carson was put in a medically-induced coma for the first three days of his treatment.
He is now awake but heavily sedated and has his eyes covered.
Ex-Putin pal faces jail after mocking dictator and top commander 'General Moo-Moo'
"He can’t talk, and he does have a lot of pain. He has a lot of pain going on right now. He can shake his head yes," Ms Colvin added.
Carson is fortunately expected to make a full recovery, but it will be a long time before he is himself again.
Ms Colvin added he was now at an increased risk of catching infections or becoming sick as a result of his injuries, and predicted he would have to remain in the hospital "for months".
"I won’t leave. I don’t want to leave," she said.
The grief-stricken mum said the woman behind the incident is a friend who often watches Carson for her ex-husband, and she said she "loves" the child and wouldn't want any harm to come to him.
A GoFundMe has been set up for Carson’s family and has so far raised more than $22,000 (£18,100) for medical expenses and other costs to help the six-year-old make a full recovery.
In an update on Carson's condition posted to the page on Friday (April 14), Ms Colvin's sister, who runs the fundraiser, wrote: "Here is an update on Carson, he is stable but goes in for surgery again tomorrow morning.
"They will be doing a tracheotomy along with more skin grafts. Please say some extra prayers for our little fighter! He’s got this!"
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Brit gran awaiting firing squad after decade in Bali jail for smuggling £1.6m cocaine
Fake Madeleine McCann to do another DNA test despite the first rubbishing her theory
Breast surgeon who botched 1,000 operations sees 650 patient deaths investigated
Mum finds missing child in minutes after using 'looking loudly' search method
Source: Read Full Article