Queen Elizabeth news: Prince Charles to present award for Her Majesty as heartbroken monarch, 95, mourns closest friend

Prince Charles is expected to step out on behalf of his mother at a public engagement tomorrow, following the news that his mother's longtime confidant and lady-in-waiting had died. 

The Queen suffered heartbreaking grief last week after her close friend, Ann Fortune Fitzroy, Duchess of Grafton, passed away at the age of 101.

The devastating loss came as just another low point in an incredibly difficult year for Her Majesty, who lost her husband, Prince Philip, in April, after 73 years of marriage. 

Read our royal family live blog for the latest news and updates…

  • Louis Allwood

    Christmas delivery

    Prince William and Kate Middleton WILL send Christmas gifts to Archie and Lilibet despite their rift with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, an expert has claimed.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to spend the festive season in California while Prince William and Kate Middleton attend Christmas at Sandringham with The Queen.

    Speaking to Ok! magazine, royal expert Katie Nicholl said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge still want to keep their Christmas traditions going.

    When asked if they would be sending Archie and Lilibet presents, Katie said: “Yes, of course.

    “They give gifts to the whole family and that includes all their nieces and nephews.”

  • Louis Allwood

    'Barely spoken' in 8 months

    Charles and Harry have “barely spoken” since then and relations between them are “at an all-time low”, The Sun can reveal.

    The Prince’s personal attacks against his father since the Sussexes left the royal family have forced them apart and left Charles “deeply shocked and hurt”, sources say.

    And matters worsened on Sunday when Harry claimed he had raised “concerns” about Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, the Saudi tycoon at the centre of a probe into donations to his father’s charity.

    Sources say Charles, 73, is “keeping a dignified silence” amid fears a public spat could damage his reign.

    It is understood there have been only a few “fraught” phone conversations since Harry and Meghan, 40, quit royal duty to move to the US.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Quitting work ‘brings joy’

    Prince Harry abandoned life as a working royal nearly two years ago, but now the royal has caused fury online after saying that quitting your job can bring “joy” and should be “celebrated.”

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to step down as members of the Royal Family in January 2020 and have begun carving out a new life in the US.

    But now Harry, 37, claims that the rise in job resignations during the coronavirus pandemic isn’t “all bad” and he is pleased that people are putting their mental health and happiness first.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Wills & Kate want to Christmas traditions going

    But an expert has claimed Wills and wife Kate Middleton will still send Christmas gifts to Archie and Lilibet.

    Speaking to Ok! magazine, royal expert Katie Nicholl said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge still want to keep their Christmas traditions going.

    When asked if they would be sending Archie and Lilibet presents, Katie said: "Yes, of course.

    "They give gifts to the whole family and that includes all their nieces and nephews."

  • Joseph Gamp

    William says Queen and whole royal family 'love walking'

    PRINCE William has said the Queen still takes her beloved corgis for a stroll as he revealed his "whole family" loves walking – but failed to mention to his brother Harry.

    In a heartfelt tweet, the Duke of Cambridge told of his family's fondness for walking alongside a snap of him standing outside St Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham.

    The 39-year-old wrote of the monarch, 95, still enjoying walks, as well as about his father Prince Charles and kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – yet didn't include Harry amid their ongoing rift.

    Wills shared the message as he says he hopes to "inspire a few other people to get active and take some extra time for their own mental health" by talking about some of his "stories and favorite songs" on an episode of Apple's Time to Walk podcast.

    He tweeted: "My whole family have a passion for walking – whether it’s my Grandmother still taking her corgis out at 95; my father embarking on lengthy rambles over the summer in Scotland; or my own children making their first appearance at our annual walk to church on Christmas at Sandringham."

  • Joseph Gamp

    Queen reassures family she is 'on the mend'

    The Queen last week told the Royal Family she is now “far better” and able to host the traditional Christmas at Sandringham following her health scare, according to sources.

    Her Majesty, 95, has moved to reassure her family she is on the mend and “looking forward” to the festive family gathering at her Norfolk estate.

    Fears over the Queen’s health were sparked in recent weeks after the monarch was forced to pull out of a number of engagements due to a back sprain.

    On the advice of her doctors she has been resting at Windsor Castle after becoming injured almost two weeks ago.

    Last month she spent a night in hospital for an unspecified condition.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Continued…

    Royal expert and author Duncan Larcombe told The Mirror: "I think we’re looking at three Christmases rolled into one for William and Kate and their children.

    “There will be Christmas on their own with their kids, the more formal celebrations at Sandringham with William’s family and then time with Kate’s family, the Middletons.

    "But something we know for sure about William and Kate is that they want their children to feel normal and so they certainly won’t be lavishing them with expensive gifts, that’s for certain. They won’t let them be spoiled.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Diana ‘gave away William & Harry’s Christmas gifts’

    PRINCESS Diana would return or give away some of Prince William and Prince Harry’s gifts, her former bodyguard has said.

    The People’s Princess was well known for breaking royal protocol and her former security, Ken Wharfe, has now told how determined she was to keep her boys down to earth.

    He says that every festive season young William and Harry would be sent hoards of gifts from businesses, as well as members of the public.

    But the Princess of Wales was so mindful that her children could be spoiled, that she would donate many to charity – or even return them.

    Mr Wharfe told OK! : "Diana was very careful to ensure that they weren’t flooded with gifts – gifts did appear from unknown sources, and they were often returned or given to charity because they didn’t need them.

    He said that “she was very conscious about what she bought" because she "knew the hallway at Sandringham would be full of presents."

  • Joseph Gamp

    Queen still walks corgis at 95

    The Queen still takes her beloved corgis for a stroll as Prince William revealed his “whole family” loves walking – but failed to mention to his brother Harry.

    In a heartfelt tweet, the Duke of Cambridge told of his family’s fondness for walking alongside a snap of him standing outside St Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham.

    The 39-year-old wrote of the monarch, 95, still enjoying walks, as well as about his father Prince Charles and kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – yet didn’t include Harry amid their ongoing rift.

    Wills shared the message as he says he hopes to “inspire a few other people to get active and take some extra time for their own mental health” by talking about some of his “stories and favorite songs” on an episode of Apple’s Time to Walk podcast.

    He tweeted: “My whole family have a passion for walking – whether it’s my Grandmother still taking her corgis out at 95; my father embarking on lengthy rambles over the summer in Scotland; or my own children making their first appearance at our annual walk to church on Christmas at Sandringham.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Multi-millionaire Prince Harry branded ‘Mr Nonsense’ 

    PRINCE Harry was mocked for talking nonsense after telling anyone unhappy at work to quit.

    The duke, who gave up royal duties to live in an £11million mansion, said walking out can be a joy.

    Royal commentator Angela Levin blasted: “Harry is utterly out of touch. Not everyone has £30million tucked away in the bank.

    “I wonder if he’d give the same advice to people whose mental health is made worse by their marriage. Be quiet H please.”

    Paul Smith, 35, a bricklayer from London, told The Sun: “It’s all right for him to say this when he’s got his family’s millions to fall back on.

    “For the rest of us who have families to support, it’s just not possible. We’re all fighting to pay bills, the mortgage and all the other stuff.

    “He’s talking utter nonsense.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Prince Charles has still not met six-month-old baby Lilibet 

    PRINCE Charles has still not met Meghan and Harry's baby Lilibet – six months after she was born.

    The future king's relationship with his youngest son is said to be at "an all-time low" with sources telling The Sun the pair have "barely spoken" in the last eight months.

    Charles last spoke to his son face-to-face at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral eight months ago.

    And it is understood there have been only a few “fraught” phone calls since Harry and Meghan, 40, quit royal their royal duties and moved to the US.

    Charles did not meet Harry in July when he was in London for the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue and he has not been to the US to visit granddaughter Lilibet.

    At the time of her birth in June, it was reported Harry and Meghan "introduced the Queen to baby Lilibet on video call after they returned from hospital".

  • Joseph Gamp

    Harry's reference to Mahfouz 'more damaging than parenting swipe'

    Charles' pal said Harry's reference to the Mahfouz payments was "more damaging than the swipe at Charles’s parenting skills".

    "This was a challenge to the way he conducts his business which is far more damaging to the future King," they said.

    The friend added Charles and Harry have “barely spoken since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral” eight months ago.

    And they said: “These constant barbs about his father from America could be very damaging to his reign.

    "Attempts have been made to clear the air but they have barely spoken since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Continued…

    A friend of his dad said Charles, 73, was "deeply shocked and disappointed" by the statement, which "effectively threw his father under the bus".

    But they added: “Charles very much loves his son and he will not be having a pop at Harry in return. It’s that simple.

    "He is not going to join in because loving his son is the thing that matters the most.”

    Harry's latest swipe comes after he told a podcast in the US he moved Stateside to “break the cycle” of “pain” he suffered when he was growing up.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Prince Charles 'very much loves his son'

    PRINCE Charles "very much loves his son" and will not hit back at Harry's outbursts, an insider has claimed.

    The Duke of Sussex appeared to take a swipe at his dad over the weekend, claiming he had raised "concerns" about the Saudi tycoon at the centre of a probe into donations to his father's charity.

    It was reported Harry took a £50,000 donation for his Sentebale charity from tycoon Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz in 2013.

    Billionaire Mahfouz later donated £1.5million to Charles’s Prince’s Foundation and received an honorary CBE months later.

    The Charity Commission has launched an investigation into the donations and on Sunday, Harry said he had cut ties with Mahfouz because of “concerns over his motives”.

    In an incendiary statement, the Duke of Sussex said he had no involvement in what he called the “CBE scandal”.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Last year's royal gifts

    Earlier this year, Prince Harry revealed that The Queen had sent Archie a wafflemaker for Christmas in 2020.

    During his appearance on James Corden‘s The Late Late Show, the Duke of Sussex said: “Interestingly, my grandmother asked us what Archie wanted for Christmas and Meg said a waffle maker.

    “Meg makes up a beautiful organic mix, in the waffle maker, flip it, out it comes, he loves it. Archie literally wakes up in the morning and says ‘waffle’.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Prince William's encounter with Taylor Swift

    Prince William had a surprise performance of Livin on a Prayer with Taylor Swift and Bon Jovi back in November 2013.

    In his new Apple+ podcast Time to Walk, the Duke of Cambridge recalled how he is big fans of both the musicians and was “knocked off his feet” when he saw them at the Centrepoint fundraising event.

    The homelessness charity was championed by Princess Diana and William first became involved with them as a child.

  • Louis Allwood

    Harry's comments blasted online

    People online were quick to slam the Prince's comments on quitting your job.

    Royal expert Robert Jobson, responding to Harry's words, said: "How would he know?"

    Another person said: "You don't get any more privileged than telling people to quit their jobs when they weren't born into wealth and need to pay bills."

    A third quipped: "Obviously speaking to the privileged few who wouldn’t have to worry about bills/mortgage/feeding the kids if they quit their jobs!

    "Most people are glad to have jobs after lockdown was lifted!"

  • Louis Allwood

    Archie and Lilibet will get gifts from Will and Kate

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to spend the festive season in California while Prince William and Kate Middleton attend Christmas at Sandringham with The Queen.

    Speaking to Ok! magazine, royal expert Katie Nicholl said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge still want to keep their Christmas traditions going.

    When asked if they would be sending Archie and Lilibet presents, Katie said: “Yes, of course.

    “They give gifts to the whole family and that includes all their nieces and nephews.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Growing up

    Prince George is set to see changes to the way he travels after his 12th birthday.

    This is due to rules in place to protect the line of succession in the Royal Family.

    Celebrity media outlet Nicki Swift reported: “As the future monarch, the Duke must adhere to most royal protocols and Kate must follow his lead, though they occasionally make exceptions.

    “The couple aren’t even supposed to travel together with their children in the event that a tragic event wipes out the second, third, fourth, and fifth heirs to the throne.

    “Queen Elizabeth has let this rule slide but it’s expected to be enforced when their eldest child, Prince George, turns 12.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Prince Charles ‘wants to spare William burden of duty’

    Prince Charles will “follow the tradition of the monarchy” in order to spare William the “burden of duty” for as long as possible, claims a former royal butler.

    Former royal butler Grant Harrold told GB news: “I have been asked this question many times by many friends, do I think it’s possible that Prince Charles decides to not take on the position of King and step aside to pass on Prince William. 

    “I actually believe we would not see that happen because Prince Charles is very traditional.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Queen still walks corgis at 95

    The Queen still takes her beloved corgis for a stroll as Prince William revealed his "whole family" loves walking – but failed to mention to his brother Harry.

    In a heartfelt tweet, the Duke of Cambridge told of his family's fondness for walking alongside a snap of him standing outside St Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham.

    The 39-year-old wrote of the monarch, 95, still enjoying walks, as well as about his father Prince Charles and kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – yet didn't include Harry amid their ongoing rift.

    Wills shared the message as he says he hopes to "inspire a few other people to get active and take some extra time for their own mental health" by talking about some of his "stories and favorite songs" on an episode of Apple's Time to Walk podcast.

    He tweeted: "My whole family have a passion for walking – whether it’s my Grandmother still taking her corgis out at 95; my father embarking on lengthy rambles over the summer in Scotland; or my own children making their first appearance at our annual walk to church on Christmas at Sandringham."

  • Louis Allwood

    Eight months since seeing each other in person

    Prince Charles and Prince Harry last saw each other in person eight months ago at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.

    The pair have also 'barely spoken' in the last eight months and relations between them are “at an all-time low.”

    Sources have said that Charles is “deeply shocked and hurt” following Harry's personal attacks on his father since quitting royal duty.

    It is understood there have been only a few “fraught” phone conversations since Harry and Meghan, 40, quit royal duty to move to the US.

  • Louis Allwood

    Prince Harry talking 'utter nonsense'

    The duke, who gave up royal duties to live in an £11million mansion, said walking out can be a joy.

    Royal commentator Angela Levin blasted: “Harry is utterly out of touch. Not everyone has £30million tucked away in the bank.

    “I wonder if he’d give the same advice to people whose mental health is made worse by their marriage. Be quiet H please.”

    Paul Smith, 35, a bricklayer from London, told The Sun: “It’s all right for him to say this when he’s got his family’s millions to fall back on.

    “For the rest of us who have families to support, it’s just not possible. We’re all fighting to pay bills, the mortgage and all the other stuff.

    “He’s talking utter nonsense.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Music star thanks Princess Charlotte

    William has revealed how his children love to dance to Sharkira’s music.

    And this afternoon, the Colombia born pop star thanked the young royal for her taste in music.

    She tweeted: “I’m so please you like my music Princess Charlotte!”

  • Louis Allwood

    ‘Terrified’ when meeting Queen

     Joanna Lumley has admitted she felt “absolutely terrified” and turned “rather dim” when she first met the Queen.

    The Ab Fab star, 75, confessed she babbled to Her Majesty about fears over legalising drugs. She said the Queen listened politely but “had no interest in it”.

    She told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show: “Even when people say ‘what an honour, you’ll love it, she’s so friendly’, you’re absolutely terrified.

    “It’s almost like an electric shock because somebody so familiar is suddenly in front of you.

    “The Queen is suddenly a different dimension, a different size.”

    Plugging her new book A Queen for All Seasons, Joanna added: “People always say ‘her eyes are so blue, so stunning’.

    “And so you have that shock and you immediately start being rather dim and rather babbly.”

    Source: Read Full Article