If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SheKnows may receive an affiliate commission. Luxury skincare is worth…
WTH the rising cost of living, loads of everyday items are going up in price, including laundry detergent.
Especially with kids off school, they can go through more than one outfit a day, making keeping clothes clean even more epensive.
According to the queen of clean, Lynsey Crombie, there's a cheap and easy solution.
She appeared on This Morning, revealing her 5p laundry trick that could save you loads of money.
She explained: “If you run out of laundry liquid detergent, grate some soap and pour it into a spray bottle, shake it, let it sit for an hour and then you can use it as a laundry liquid detergent.
"It’s going to cost you peanuts because this bar of soap was only 15p from Tesco.
Read more on cleaning
Five tips to get your dirty oven sparkle like new with common household products
An easy hack to remove nasty sweat stains from your whites & make them bright
“You need to let this sit for at least an hour to let the water absorb the soap.”
For this homemade solution 150ml water and 20ml of grated soap is needed."
She continued: “So you’ve probably got a laundry detergent product that’s costs you 5p to make and do you know what, it works and it works well.
“You can leave it in your cupboard for up to three months and it’s still going to be effective, so it’s a really good one.”
Most read in Fabulous
I’m trolled for not using toilet paper and never washing down below
I quit my B&Q job as I was sick of having no money – now I rake in £40k a month
I’m a size 16 & tried the Skims bodysuit, it looked tiny & the results were shocking
Mum shares sweet gesture herson made after seeing her school shopping list
And to give your laundry an extra boost without forking out for expensive products, the pro recommended using baking soda and white vinegar.
"You can use bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar in your laundry as a laundry booster so it saves you buying those expensive boosting products," she shared.
The mixture also wont leave residue or build-up on your clothes, like fabric softener often can.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article