We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. The US…
Strictly Come Dancing's Michelle Visage has discussed why she was ditched from the spin-off arena tour .
The Drag Race star, 51, who was partnered up with professional Giovanni Pernice before being voted off the hit BBC series, was reportedly told by TV bosses via email that she was no longer needed for the tour – after being approached to be on the lineup.
Michelle has now dished the 'transparent truth' on the situation and despite not touring the UK with her Strictly alumni she is adamant there is no bad blood between herself and the producers.
The TV personality revealed on Samsung KX's Thread Talks: "I’ll tell you what happened, it’s not that racy or scandalous but… this is the honest to God transparent truth."
The curvy star told that she was asked to clear her schedule for the tour as she had other jobs lined-up including RuPaul's Dran con.
However, despite making it known to the BBC she would juggle both, they responded by telling her the spot had been filled.
Proving she understands the decision of the show bosses, she continued: "You can’t take it personally. They probably locked people in when they thought that I couldn’t do it so there wasn’t shade, but I would absolutely have loved to have done it."
Revealing she would be keen to take part in the future, she added: "Maybe next year we can clear schedules beforehand."
It comes after Michelle exit from the series was branded a "fix" by furious viewers, who have claimed that she was sent home tonight because she isn't in the upcoming tour.
Taking to Twitter , viewers shared their opinion on why they think Michelle was let go.
One frustrated user wrote: "No rage here. Michelle Visage is not on the SCD Tour so it makes sense. Happens every year…sign up for a tour and guarantee a wee bit more show longevity."
"So first Michelle and Gio shockingly we're [sic] put in the dance off for no reason and now the @bbcstrictly isn't taking her on the strictly tour next year? Wtf! Fix this now please..we want Michelle Visage on that tour line up".
The tour isn't put on by the Strictly series' production team and is done separately by an independent production.
And with only seven out of fifteen couples in the tour, they'll all exit the main show at some point.
*Strictly Come Dancing returns next Saturday on BBC One
Source: Read Full Article