Piers Morgan accuses Alex Beresford of ‘premeditated attack’ which sparked GMB storm off

Piers Morgan: Tucker Carlson discusses Meghan Markle row

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Piers Morgan, 56, said he invited “the stand-in weather guy” Alex Beresford, 40, onto the Good Morning Britain panel to discuss Meghan Markle, 39, after the latter expressed concerns about his understanding of her views as a bi-racial woman. On air, the pair clashed about the Duchess of Sussex’s comments in her interview with Oprah Winfrey, which prompted Piers to walk off set.

The journalist has said he didn’t believe a word Meghan said as she opened up about her life in the Royal Family and mental health struggles.

After walking off, he returned to the panel to continue their discussion and went on to interview Meghan’s father Thomas.

Piers quit the show that same day after he sparked over 51,000 Ofcom complaints, one of which came from Prince Harry’s wife herself.

The former Good Morning Britain has now accused Alex of launching a “premeditated attack” on him live on air.

In his first television interview since he quit, he said: “The moment he came on air, he came with a pretty premeditated attack on me on a pretty personal level and frankly I just wasn’t going to have it.

“I walked off … I was quite angry in the moment, he claimed that I have a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle, which I don’t.”

In his interview with Fox Nation’s Tucker Carlson, he referred to Alex as “the stand-in weather guy who does the weather occasionally”.

“He’s not a journalist, but he’s somebody I’ve helped with his career a number of times when he’s asked me to,” he added.

Express.co.uk has contacted a representative for Alex for comment. 

Piers has also claimed he hasn’t heard from Alex since quitting the show last month.

In his column with the Daily Mail online, he said had received “nice messages” from all of his ex GMB colleagues apart from him.

Alex reacted to the journalist’s exit from the show on Twitter.

He wrote: “Over the past few years, Piers and I have had a lively, cheeky on-air relationship.

DON’T MISS…
Helen Skelton left on the verge of tears over On The Farm experience [REVEALED]
Fern Britton’s brutal dressing down of royal: ‘Most rude interviewee’ [ADMISSION]
Coleen Nolan shuts down rumours surrounding her ‘diva’ remarks [REACTION]

“We both wanted to be on the show Tuesday morning, and from our very public conversations on Twitter, we both knew how strongly our opinions differed on the treatment of Harry and Meghan pre and post the interview that has split the world.”

He added: “I hoped we could reach a place of understanding. It’s sad that we weren’t able to get there, but challenging his opinion was not an outrage.

“On this occasion, we have to agree to disagree. I didn’t want him to quit, but I did want him to listen.

“Personally, Piers has always supported my growth.

“He’s given me advice on several occasions and for that I am grateful. I wish him well!”

Following his departure, the controversial presenter said he had to “agree to disagree” with ITV about his exit after he refused to apologise for his comments.

The presenter was a regular panellist alongside Susanna Reid for five years.

The father-of-four has since said he has “no idea” what he’s going to do next following his exit.

Source: Read Full Article