Kanye West got emotional as he addressed ‘losing his family’ at his album listening party, in front of estranged wife Kim Kardashian. The 44-year-old rapper…
Angel Adoree discusses working from home at the Chateau
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Angel Adoree, 42, has denied claims that she and her husband Dick Strawbridge, 62, have made fans upset by cautioning them when they stayed at their French chateau. The Escape To The Chateau star explained the couple have “never been horrible” to any of their loyal customers, but do have to ensure they look out for their family’s safety and privacy when having strangers staying in their home.
If someone is in our house they have to behave
Over the past couple of months, the couple has received some negative press, including accusations of bullying from their original production team, which the couple has flatly denied.
Another of the allegations made against the couple is the suggestion that they were not happy with the number of Escape to the Chateau fans – pre-pandemic – eager to have a closer look at the Strawbridge family.
“Firstly, there is an issue of safety,” said Angel with admirable diplomacy.
“If the kids are outside playing, no one would want strangers coming on to their land.
“And then sometimes we are doing really silly things like wearing a floppy unicorn hat on the trampoline, and you do want a bit of privacy,” she added to The Telegraph.
They both refute suggestions that they refer to their uninvited fans as “nosy b—s”.
But there have been very rare instances when people have “overstepped the mark”.
“When that has happened, Dick has politely asked them to leave,” explained Angel.
“We have never been horrible to anyone who has turned up here, but if somebody is in your house they have to behave.”
‘And walking down the steps into our entrance hall, that is not acceptable I am afraid.”
Dick says referring to an incident when a family, who had been asked to leave, were found going round the private rooms in the château.
“Although, to be fair, we have opened ourselves up to allow people to follow our story, so really it is not a big problem,” he added.
Harry Redknapp shares real reason for leaving beachfront home (PHOTOS)
Sunday Brunch’s Tim Lovejoy takes aim at Raye for Wimbledon gaffe (NEWS)
Dan Walker brings back Hancock clip urging UK to avoid close contact (LATEST)
It comes as Dick and Angel have denied claims of on-set bullying and have accused producers of their hit show Escape To The Chateau of trying to make it a “trashy reality show”.
Their hit Channel 4 show has followed the pair since 2015 when they moved into a run-down 45-room chateau in France.
The couple has profited from hiring out rooms at the property for fairytale weddings.
However, the crew from Spark Productions who worked on the first four seasons of their show, described working with Dick and Angel, as like “being in an abusive relationship”.
Representatives for the couple swiftly hit back at the claims and said producers “tried to make it a trashy reality programme” which created “problems”.
A series director who was present at the time of the allegations also denied the allegations and described them as “all nonsense”.
He called Dick and Angel “professional, hard-working and generous”.
A representative for the pair also told MailOnline: “During the making of the early series of Escape to the Chateau, Dick and Angel had problems working with the then producers, who tried to make it a trashy reality programme.
“Escape to the Chateau is set in their home and they wanted an honest portrayal of their family journey rather than to enact the vision of a TV producer.”
Source: Read Full Article