Caroline Flack re-follows boyfriend Lewis Burton on Instagram despite contact ban after assault charge

Love Island host Caroline Flack has re-followed her boyfriend Lewis Burton on Instagram, despite a judge banning the couple from having any direct or indirect contact in court.

The 40 year old, who pleaded not guilty to assault by beating at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court, broke down in tears when Judge Julia Newton refused to lift the contact ban.

The bail condition dictates Flack can not have direct or indirect contact with Lewis or go to his address ahead of her trial on 4 March 2020.


And, it’s since been spotted that the star has re-followed her boyfriend on Instagram – despite unfollowing him before her hearing on Monday 23 December.

Her former professional tennis player boyfriend has returned the favour by re-following the presenter, too.

  • Caroline Flack’s boyfriend Lewis Burton speaks out after court appearance: 'Arguments do happen every day in every relationship'

  • Andrew Brady speaks out after Caroline Flack pleads not guilty in assault case

At the court hearing on Monday, it was revealed the TV star broke her conditions of bail, as it was revealed in court yesterday that she “almost immediately breached” her conditions by sharing an Instagram post about Lewis.

Ms Weiss, prosecuting, told the court at the time: “She breached this almost immediately by posting a message on Instagram by writing to my boyfriend I love you.”

During the trial, prosectors spoke of how Flack “hit her sleeping boyfriend over the head with a lamp” in a “horror movie” attack.



Caroline Flack's relationships: Inside the Love Island star's love life

Ms Weiss said: “At 5.25am on the 12 December he [Lewis Burton] made an allegation against his girlfriend Caroline Flack.

“Police then made their way to the address. Police then knocked on the door eight minutes later and it was opened by both of them. Both were covered in blood.

“And in fact one of the police officers likened the scene to a horror movie. He [Burton] said he had been asleep and had been hit over the head by Caroline by a lamp. It cut his head and his face was covered in blood.

  • Caroline Flack breaks silence and 'prepares to tell her side of the story' after 'bloody attack'

  • Caroline Flack kisses her mum as she leaves court after pleading not guilty to 'horror movie' assault

“He said that Caroline smashes a glass and caused injuries. She had two lacerations to her left wrist. She took his phone while he was sleeping. She had seen text messages which made her think he was cheating.

“In the 999 call the complainant said quite clearly that his girlfriend was beating him up. He asked repeatedly for help. He was almost begging the operator to send help.

“He said: ‘She is going mad, breaking stuff. I've just woken up. She's cracked my head open’.”

Flack has pleaded not guilty to one count of assault by beating. She is due to appear in court for a trial on 4 March 2020.

Source: Read Full Article