As violent attacks spread from cities to the Home Counties, The Sun Online takes a look at the harrowing statistics that are increasing by the day.
How many stabbings have there been in London this year?
Figures from London's Metropolitan police showed that knife crime has surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain's crime epidemic continues.
Excluding those killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster and Manchester, there was still a 12 per cent rise in murders — the highest numbers in a decade.
The total number of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument that have been recorded by cops in the year to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a seven-year-high.
There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.
A glut of cocaine flooding the country has been partly blamed for the country's violent crime.
In February more than 250 knives and swords were seized across London in just one week and 283 people, many of them teenagers, were arrested for carrying them.
By August, stabbings were reported on a nearly daily basis as the summer stabbing spree continued.
Two men in their 20s were found with "slash wounds" in Kensington High Street in West London on June 11.
On the same day, a man in his early 20s was left fighting for his life after being stabbed in Bermondsey, South London.
And on June 12, a man in his 20s was knifed outside Tesco in Kensington, West London, and taken to hospital with stab wounds.
Five days later, a 15-year-old was rushed to hospital after being stabbed multiple times in South East London.
On July 2 a teenage boy was stabbed in the stomach with a 10-inch kitchen knife on a busy Islington street.
Ten days later Katerina Makunova, 17, was found dead in a block of flats in Camberwell after a broad daylight attack.
Witnesses desperately tried to give her first aid before paramedics arrived but she was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
A man believed to be in his 40s was stabbed inside a Leicester Square casino on July 16. The incident took place just before 5pm.
London's air ambulance service flew a man to hospital after he was stabbed in Mill Hill, North London on July 22.
On August 1, a 23-year-old was stabbed to death in Camberwell.
The victim, who was rapper in the drill group Moscow17, was identified only by his stage name, Incognito.
Two other men were also stabbed and were taken to hospital.
On August 5, 2018, a man in his 20s was found dead with multiple knife wounds in Cambridge Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames.
On August 17, a teen was "disembowelled with a machete" in Camberwell in a 30-strong gang fight.
And that same day a 42-year-old man was stabbed to death in Waltham Forest, East London, leading to the arrest of a 16-year-old boy and a 35-year-old woman.
On August 24, a 23-year-old was left in critical condition after being knifed in Tulse Hill, South London in a broad daylight attack.
The same day a woman in her 60s was stabbed on Chariot Close around 9.50pm and was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
On Sunday, August 26, a 57-year-old woman was stabbed several times at around 8.30pm and was taken to hospital, but her injuries were not believed to be life threatening.
On August 27, Ivor Collingwood-Williams, 36 of Bow, was charged with two counts of grievous bodily harm with intent and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon.
The same day a man was stabbed on the final day of the Notting Hill Carnival.
On August 28, a man in his 30s was rushed to hospital with knife wounds after a street fight in Camden, North London at 1.30am.
On September 5, a teen was rushed to hospital after receiving multiple stab wounds in a knife attack in Islington.
On Bonfire Night, November 5, 2018, a 16-year-old boy, named as John Ogunjobi, was stabbed to death in Tulse Hill, South London.
The teenager's death marked the 250th fatal stabbing in the UK.
He was known to be a local drill rapper called JaySav and a part of a gang called Lower Tulse Hill (LTH) who rapped about drugs and violence.
Stabbings in London in 2018
- January 1 – Steve Frank Navarez-Jara, 20, Islington
- January 3 – Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44, Redbridge
- January 8 – Daniel Frederick, 34, died in Hackney
- January 9 – Dami Odeyingbo, 18, stabbed in Bromley
- January 11 – Harry Uzoka, 25, killed in Shepherd's Bush
- January 28 – Yaya Mbye, 26, stabbed in Stoke Newington
- January 29 – Juan Olmos Saca, 39, stabbed in Peckham
- January 31 – Khader Saleh, 25, stabbed at Wormwood Scrubs prison
- February 3 – Hasan Ozcan, 19, knifed in Barking
- February 3 – Kwabena Nelson, a youth worker, died after being stabbed near his home in Tottenham
- February 8 – Hannah Leonard, 55, stabbed in a flat in Camden
- February 11 – Sabri Chibani, 19, stabbed in Streatham
- February 13 – Saeeda Hussain, 54, stabbed in Ilford
- February 14 – Lord Promise Nkenda, 17, stabbed in Canning Town
- February 18 – Lewis Blackman, 19, knifed in Kensington
- February 19 – Rotimi Oshibanjo, 26, stabbed in Southall
- February 20 – Sadiq Mohammed, 20, stabbed in Camden
- February 20 – Abdikarim Hassan, 17, stabbed in Camden
- February 25 – Michael Boyle, 44, stabbed in the chest
- March 1 – Christopher Beaumont, 42, stabbed in Hammersmith
- March 5 – Laura Figueira, 47, stabbed in Twickenham
- March 5 – Kelva Smith, 20, knifed in Croydon
- March 14 – Lyndon Davis, 18, stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- March 16 – Naomi Hersi, 36, found with stab wounds at hotel near Heathrow Airport
- March 17 – Russell Jones, 23, stabbed in Enfield
- March 18 – Tyrone Silcott, 41, stabbed in Hackney
- March 19 – Balbir Johal, 48, knifed in Southall
- March 19 – A 41-year-old was stabbed to death in Waltham Forest
- March 20 – Beniamin Pieknyi, 21, stabbed at Stratford shopping centre
- March 26 – David Potter, 50, stabbed in Tooting
- March 29 – Reece Tshoma, 23, stabbed in Plumstead
- March 30 – Leyla Mtumwa, 36, found with stab wounds at a home in Haringey
- April 1 – A 20-year-old was stabbed in Wandsworth
- April 4 – A 38-year-old man was stabbed at a house in Lewisham
- April 4 – Israel Ogunsola, 18, was stabbed to death in Hackney on 4 April. Police were alerted by a motorist and performed first aid but the teenager died at the scene
- April 5 – Five teenagers and one man were stabbed in London within a space of 24 hours. One of the victims was aged 13 and left fighting for his life
- April 9 – A man in his 70s was stabbed four times and robbed as he returned to his Harold Hill home after collecting his pension
- April 12 – A woman in her 20s was arrested after stabbing a man in Isle of Dogs on April 12, 2018.
- April 15 – A man named locally as Raul Nicolaie was knifed to death just before 6pm in Colindale, North London.
- April 15 – Samantha Clarke, 38, was stabbed to death in Brixton, South West London, just after 6.30pm and police arrested a man in his 20s.
- April 20 – Aaron Springett, 32, died after he was found collapsed in Morden, South West London, just before 1o.30pm. A 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder.
- April 21 – A man, 20, was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park, north London, as a leading surgeon warned of a "summer of carnage" in the capital
- May 17 – A man, 24, was stabbed to death in Crows Road, Barking at around 11.30pm.
- May 20 – A man in his 20s stabbed in Mitcham, South London
- May 21 – Marcel Campbell, 20, was stabbed to death just yards from Islington town hall in North London
- May 30 – A man, believed to be in his 40s, was stabbed to death in Kensington, West London.
- June 1 – A woman was found stabbed to death in Brent, North West London.
- June 9 – Edmond Jonuzi, 35, was stabbed to death close to Turnpike Land Tube station in North London in what is believed to be a drugs related attack.
- June 23 – Jordan Douherty, 15, becomes the youngest to be stabbed in London this year after being knifed in the heart in Romford, East London.
- June 27 – A man, 20, was stabbed to death on an estate in Edmonton, North London.
- June 30 – Four people were stabbed at the Garage Nation festival in East London.
- July 2 – a 14-year-old boy was repeatedly stabbed on Fairbridge Road, Islington
- July 14 – Katerina Makunova, 17, was killed after a stabbing in Camberwell.
- July 25 – An 18-year-old man, Latwaan Griffiths, was stabbed to death in Camberwell.
- August 1 – Rapper Incognito, 23, was stabbed to death in Camberwell
- August 1 – Two other men were also stabbed at the scene where Incognito was killed. They were taken to hospital.
- August 5 – Man in his 20s fatally stabbed in Cambridge Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames.
- August 15 – Nurse Simonne Kerr, 31, was stabbed to death at her home in Grayshott Road, in Battersea
- August 16 – Four boys were stabbed in a "gang knife fight" in Elmington Estate, Camberwell – reportedly leaving two "disembowelled" and there were claims it was over a "belt"
- August 17 – A 42-year-old man was attacked just before 4.40am at a home in Waltham Forest, East London
- August 17 – A 63-year-old man was found stabbed to death in Walworth
- September 8 – A man in his 30s was stabbed in Croydon
- September 10 – Woman in 20s stabbed numerous times in the back in broad daylight on Anglesea Road in Woolwich
- September 18 – Man, 25, stabbed to death in Tufnell Park, North London, "after confronting phone mugger"
- October 2 – Man stabbed on busy London Overground train travelling to Hackney Central station
- October 4 – A teen, 15, was repeatedly stabbed during a fight in Enfield, North London
- October 13 – A man, 25, was found with knife wounds at Tufnell Park, at around 9.30pm.
- October 24 – A police officer was stabbed in the head with a screwdriver when confronting a suspected burglar in Barnet, north London.
- November 1 – A 15-year-old boy was knifed to death in Bellingham, South East London
- November 2 – A 17-year-old boy was stabbed outside Clapham South Tube station before dying in hospital
- November 5 – A 16-year-old boy, the drill rapper JaySav, named as John Ogunjobi, was stabbed shortly before midnight in Tulse Hill and died in the street
Are stabbings on the rise?
Knife crime across the country has risen by a staggering 21 per cent in the 12 months to September 2017, according to quarterly figures released by the Office of National Statistics.
Stabbings in London are at their highest level in six years, with a 23 per cent rise from the previous year.
Overall, crime had continued to fall in England and Wales, consistent with the general trend since the mid-1990s.
Source: Read Full Article