Harry Redknapp has a huge advantage over I'm A Celebrity campmates because he's got no sense of smell

Writing about losing his ability to pick up odours in his autobiography, the manager revealed he never regained his sense of smell after a horrific 1990 road accident in Italy.

Recalling his injuries after his minibus collided with a car, killing Bournemouth managing director Brian Tiler and three young Italians, he wrote: "I woke up in hospital with terrible injuries.

"Apparently, a sheet had been placed over my face at the scene of the accident with the presumption that I must be dead.

“I have no memory of it and am happy for it to stay that way. I went to sleep and the accident happened."


Love I'm A Celeb? Be the first to play our new game The Jungle – win daily prizes or a holiday worth £5K



"I woke up in hospital. I had fractured my skull and many other bones, and suffered a horrific gash to my leg.

“I don’t think my life was ever in danger but I have never regained my sense of smell, not a complete disadvantage in some dressing rooms.”

It means the football legend won't be put off by ghastly camp odours or the smell of fish guts in Bush Tucker trials.

He revealed another trick up his sleeve in his book, saying he's able to go for long periods without eating a thing.

He wrote: “I have got bad eating habits. I can go all day without eating until the evening. Eating won’t be a problem for me."

Harry will be paid a massive half a million pounds for his time on the upcoming series of I’m A Celebrity.

The manager has been in charge of such teams as West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Queens Park Rangers during his sporting career but will now be turning his hand to reality television.

When asked who was heading into the jungle during an appearance on Lorraine, The Sun’s Dan Wootton said: “Harry Redknapp, who‘s secured, by all accounts, a £500,000 deal, one of the biggest ever to go on the show.

“He’s doing it at 71 though so I guess he wanted the dosh.”

The Sun Online exclusively revealed the line-up over the weekend as the stars began their journeys to Australia before the show starts this coming weekend.

A whole host of famous faces are set to grace our screens when it launches on Sunday.

So far this year, the confirmed stars are EastEnders actress Rita Simons, television presenter Nick Knowles, actress Emily Atack, former The X Factor singer Fleur East, The Vamps star James McVey, The Chase “Governess” Anne Hegerty, footballing legend Harry Redknapp, Coronation Street star Alya Nazir and Hollyoaks actor Malique Thompson-Dwyer.

And there's still a mystery star who is yet to be revealed by ITV who will likely be hoping for success.

Former glamour model Katie Price, who first appeared on the series in 2004, which was when she met and fell in love with Peter Andre, before returning in 2009 for the second time, has sparked rumours she will be going back yet again with a tweet.

The troubled 40-year-old told fans it would be her "dream" to return, after previously heading to the jungle twice before.

She wrote: “What a dream come true it would be to go back into @imacelebrity.”

Show bosses are said to be in talks with Megan McKenna to appear, who they hope will mix things up with her fiery personality, as well as her The Only Way Is Essex co-star Lauren Goodger, who is likely to be happy to throw on a bikini for the jungle shower.

In addition, Kim Kardashian’s sex tape singer ex Ray J and disgraced ex banker Nick Leeson, who appeared on the most recent series of Celebrity Big Brother are rumoured to be taking part.


Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.

We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Source: Read Full Article