The “inaugural class” of eight female cinematographers participating in the first-ever Fox DP Lab program were announced today (see entire list below). The lab, sponsored by 21st Century Fox and the American Film Institute, is designed to expand opportunities for female cinematographers by connecting participants with working professionals.
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Gets Premiere Date, No Back Order For 'I Feel Bad' As NBC Revamps Thursday Comedy Block
The lab takes place today and tomorrow on the Fox lot in Los Angeles. Participants will visit the sets of Fox-produced comedies Speechless and Fresh Off The Boat, as well as Fox feature film Call of the Wild, where they’ll meet with Academy Award-winning Director of Photography and AFI Conservatory alumnus Janusz Kamiński.
The Lab will connect participants with cinematographers, producers, directors, agents and executives; and provide an insider’s experience on Fox studio films and TV series in production.
The participants announced today are Tarin Anderson, Anne Etheridge, Catherine Goldschmidt, Halyna Hutchins, Hana Kitasei, Anka Malatynska, Dominique Martinez and Moira Morel. They’ll meet with cinematographers, producers, directors, agents and executives.
All the participants are recent graduates of the AFI Conservatory, the institute’s filmmaking MFA program.
“We’re excited about this initiative to propel female DPs in their careers,” said MyKhanh Shelton, Senior Vice President, 21CF Global Inclusion. “We believe that focusing on increased gender representation in this key role will help accelerate diversity throughout production crews.”
The participants are:
- Tarin Anderson earned her master’s degree in cinematography at the AFI Conservatory and has shot commercials, music videos, documentaries, scripted series and feature films;
- Anne Etheridge, a cinematographer for feature films, television and documentaries whose latest documentary project, Dayla’s Other Country, was selected to kick off the 2017 national PBS series POV;
- Catherine Goldschmidt, who graduated from the AFI Conservatory in 2009 and has shot on such high profile documentaries as 20 Feet From Stardom, and is a co-founding member of Illuminatrix, a collective of female cinematographers;
- Halyna Hutchins, whose AFI thesis film, Hidden, was screened at Camerimage, AFI FEST and Austin Film Festival, among others;
- Hana Kitasei, a Japanese and American cinematographer who guest-lectures at the AFI Conservatory and is a core member of the International Collective of Female Cinematographers;
- Anka Malatynska, whose feature film and documentary credits Little Women and Insecure;
- Dominique Martinez, whose work includes commercials, documentaries, features and television;
- Moira Morel, a Latinx cinematographer based in Los Angeles; credits include Vámonos, a short film she shot and co-wrote, and Unlovable, which premiered at SXSW in 2018 and won the SXSW Gamechanger Award.
Source: Read Full Article